Everyone must be thinking of the same thing these coming weeks — Let's set up some goals for next year. I am one of them. However, goal setting is easier than doing the work. So, I would recommend you fixate on how to make it easy for yourself to make it a habit.
One easy method, I found helpful in the past is the checkbox method. You have to decide to show up every day and be the person you want to be and then the path toward your goal actually starts.
Let's do some good next year.
Hey, I am Melvin and you are reading the weekly brew newsletter. You signed up here to receive exciting curations in your inbox. If you guys are interested in learning something every week. Do support me by signing up from below
(Note: The newsletter format will be changing starting in 2023. The name is being removed, the posts are going to be free to read and lastly, the timing of the posts might be changed. You don't have to do anything from your end, signing up will ensure you are part of it. Thanks.)
This week's musings:
- Article: How urban poor make financial decisions — This article is a summary of the financial lives of urban poor households and reading this has made me realize the financial decisions I have to make. I believe as a 2-year experienced senior system engineer like me is just a few steps ahead of the urban poor.
Key takeaways would be to invest better, spend less, and diversify income. Read the article here:
- Reels: Watch this guy sing the wavin' flag song using a coke tin, a comb, and a guitar. Check it out here.
- Tweet: I think postcards will make a big comeback someday but that's a topic for another day. Check out this postcard of Hussain Sagar (Tankbund).
- Video: Understand Zines - (Pronounced like Jeans, short for magazine.)
If you have enjoyed these curations and want to support my work you can do any of the following:
- 💌 Support this newsletter by signing up for this newsletter or by considering getting a paid subscription from the link below.
- 🤙 Share this newsletter with your friends and family by copying and sending them this page link.