Hello friends —
The pandemic has swept away millions of jobs and people are struggling to get a job back and I am extremely blessed to have a job during these times. My usual workday consists of a lot of meetings. Since I work in shifts alongside my teammates my work starts at noon and ends past dinner time, so when the day ends all I want to do is go to sleep. Apart from my job, I like to do various things. Which include writing these articles, playing games and learning UX design.
I was learning UX one day and playing/streaming games the other day for the past couple of months but lately, I haven't been feeling such eagerness to learn or play and I started to look for answers:
- It is completely okay to not feel particularly in the mood at times.
- It happens to every one of us.
- To get back to normal, the only way forward is to keep doing the things we do.
- I have been feeling unproductive, waking up late and not in the mood to play or write anything for the past month and all I was doing is scrolling social media and watching TV Shows. I was just not in the mood to do anything, I would literally lay on the bed than playing. I love playing games. I was not in the mood to play, that is when I realized it is okay to not feel like playing. Still, I had this thought of why can't I play like before. All it was is me taking a break.
- I started feeling irritated by small things such as doing regular chores. Then, I decided to write something that would keep me in the habit of writing and that's when The Design story newsletter started. I thought of writing what I am learning and document every part of the process just to look back whenever I am stuck and get some perspective.
- This is what J.K Rowling said about the ideas. Every idea we get needs to be documented, It is completely your choice whether you want to showcase it to the public and on the internet or just to keep it to yourself. The important thing is to have a document of your ideas built into a note-taking system. Just to avoid such moments.
Sometimes the ideas just come to me. Other times I have to sweat and almost bleed to make ideas come. It’s a mysterious process, but I hope I never find out exactly how it works. I like a mystery, as you may have noticed. - J.K. Rowling
Just as Captain America's iconic line, "I can do this all day" must be our attitude when feeling low to finish the set tasks for ourselves.
That is when I decided to write this post because I wanted to document it for myself. I started writing and this is what came out. If you are stuck while doing something just remember that it happens to everyone.
You can get access to latest news, exciting articles and some puzzles just like a newspaper but digitally and these all come directly to your inbox.
I highly recommend giving Morning Brew Newsletter a try. It's an awesome daily email that delivers the top business, marketing, tech among few news in a way that's informative and entertaining. Best of all, it's free, and only takes 5 minutes to read each morning.
Do subscribe for fresh, amazingly written and insightful news their is at Morning Brew.