Hey friends, today I would want to expand on the topic of how you and I can be someone who can build a bridge between the ever-advancing technology and our regular social norm.
There is a huge gap between Advanced Technology and social norms, I mean think about the current situation, we know something is up in social media. Everywhere it is all about the Web3, Cryptocurrency, and everything in between but it took 11 years (approx.) to make that transition. Bitcoin, which some predict will become the most important technology(Not the bitcoin itself but the underlying technology) of the 21st century. However, bitcoin is combined results of cryptographic advancements made in the 1970s, with digital cash research from the 1980s, cypherpunk philosophy from the 1990s, with digital cash experiments from the 2000s, which Satoshi Nakomoto cited in the Bitcoin white paper. It took lateral thinking and the deliberate effort to educate people on the technology that led to such humungous growth.
Many people at the time were thinking of such a world where there are no middlemen but it was Satoshi who ignited by bridging a combination of ideas and bringing people to his side.
There was a steep decrease in the number of students dropping out from graduate colleges this year which indicates 2 things, One is a good thing and the other is a bad thing. The good thing is they have the internet that they can leverage to be better than most of the people running the rat race. The bad thing is the education system still believes that students don't know what they are doing.
The other thing that fascinates me with the idea of bridging ideas to people in your circle is the graduate part and leveraging the internet to showcase your skills. It is a sure-shot way to impress the peers you are working for or applying to. That is how most people are reaching places we only imagine because they can see the work you put in rather than the total mugging up to pass the generic exam sort of knowledge. Honestly, this will be a revolutionary advancement if access to proper education will give to our generation. There are lots of problems people face every day and if you manage to solve one, you hit the jackpot!
I once saw a Linkedin post where a person showcased his animation skills and asked the CEO and design team of Cred for an opportunity. That post had millions of views. It is one unique way, I have seen him get the job he needed because, within hours, he was hired for his creativity and also, taking the opportunity to get the job in a way that can best showcase his skills.
There are a lot of opportunities that are just available online and you can learn and maybe bring a few people along with you by sharing. Be that bridge between you and a few others who are willing to learn or explore.
In conclusion, here are a few things that you can take as an introspection from above:
- Don't be afraid to do things that you are afraid to do.
- Leverage the internet to create your own job( which I know sounds crazy but, it is possible). How to do it? - I don't know clearly but for starters - start sharing what you are interested in and be consistent about it.
- There are many artists, creators, authors, and more who took the leap and went all in - from being in a totally different field and being successful. If you think you are alone, you are mistaken and your ideas are actually worth listening to.
- If you think you will make a change in your particular interest in one day, don't start. As the saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day stands true for every activity we do. Every aspect of your life from education, career, relationships takes years to establish and prosper. If you are told otherwise, they are wrong. Just accept it as soon as possible.
- Just start doing. We are told that failing in something is such a wrong thing but as you get to your work you fail every day to keep up with the standards and you will be thinking if only I mastered failing. This point can be a whole blog post for another day but the point is to start trying out different things: If you are not interested after trying or you will have a feeling of not to do it, Then you can just drop it pick another thing you are interested in.
Fail quickly by doing many things to realize where you want to succeed.
- Lastly, If you are unsure of anything, just pick a topic and start sharing it with others either by writing, talking, or recording yourself doing it. In the long run, it will help you and serve you as a skill to offer to people.
I hope you start soon and work for the rest of the time on things you like. Be that bridge between people and ideas as people are multipotentialite and it is to some extent true. Who knows people might follow your ideas just because they are curious even. Bring those ideas closer to them by sharing them. Be that Bridge.
Thank you for reading.